Thinking about how you can integrate the national election into your classroom this fall?
Join us on Thursday, September 20 at 3:00 CST for a FREE webinar hosted by the My Voice National Student Mock Election, the country’s largest civic engagement project.
1. Overview and History of National Student Mock Election: 5 minutes
2. Tour of the National Mock Election Website: 15 minutes
(curriculum, lesson plans, etc.)
3. Registration and how you and your students vote?: 10 minutes
(one student/one vote, voter ID, technology issues)
4. I voted, now what?: 10 mins.
(follow up lesson plans, getting results)
5. Questions & Answers: 10 mins
You will learn how to participate in interactive polls centered on opinions and concerns about national topics, social issues, education, and their communities, how your students can cast their votes in the National Mock Election and how to use the resources on the National Mock Election website.
Register for the webinar at:
Learn more about National Mock Elections at:
Follow us on Twitter @MyMockElection, #MyElection and at Facebook.com/NationalMockElection.
The Mock Elections resources & election platform are provided free to teachers with support from the Pearson Foundation and the NIE Institute.